At the Rietvelden industrial estate, on the edge of ’s-Hertogenbosch’ city centre, SMART HUB Logistics is developing the Bossche BouwHub, together with Van Boxtel Groep. At this hub for building and construction materials, materials from various suppliers are combined and forwarded in one transport to building sites in the city centre.
Advantages of this smart construction logistics:
- Fewer trucks-movements to and from the inner city
- Reduction of trucking kilometres in town
- Reduction of moving staff around
- Time savings for suppliers of the construction materials
- Integration with vertical transport (truck loader cranes)
- Closer co-operation
Clean and smart supply
By bundling construction materials of various suppliers and on our way back also bringing waste and returned goods, we are taking a major sustainable step forward:
- Less waste
- Lower emissions (CO2 and nitrogen)
- Fewer negative surrounding effects
- Use of zero-emission vehicles
- Higher productivity on the construction site
- Higher safety levels
Zero emission zones
As of 1 March 2025, in 26 Dutch cities it will be prohibited to make deliveries, to the town centres, by using vans and trucks running on fossil fuels. We aim to start emission-free transport to and from the city centre from our construction material hub already before 2025.
- 10,000 m2 storage space, inside and outside
- Storage facilities for all kinds of materials: from structural objects to delicate finishing materials
- Automated data systems
- Dedicated employees
Would you be interested to participate in using our sustainable construction materials hub and benefit from the many advantages? Please contact us.